Snow, sleet, wind, dry heat and cold. All are major contributors to our ravaged winter skin. Raging fireplaces and central heating air systems decreasing air humidity do nothing to help the depletion of moisture from our skin. Consider this-if we are already prone to dry skin, winter can be devastating and cause major discomfort to the skin’s largest organ.
Dry skin is also known as xerosis. Itching, redness and flaking can result from the chilling, dry conditions, not to mention cracks and fissures.
So what remedies are available to ward off these winter woes. Here are some tips to help your skin stay plump, soft and hydrated.
• Wash with warm, not hot water. Pat skin dry gently, then apply a moisturizer while skin is still damp
• Cracked hands love a moisturizer with petrolatum. Try Epionce Barrier Repair Cream. Hand cream may be applied three times during the day.
• Beautiful hands are easy with a nightly hand cream applied, followed by cotton gloves.
• Lack of humidity at altitude and intense UV light can increase the severity of xerosis. Powerful effective sunblocks are crucial. Transparent water resistant zinc-oxide sunscreen products like Replenix Sheer Physical Sunscreen SPF 50+ are superb.
• Hold in heat and moisture. Sensible winter attire is an excellent aid. Layer clothing starting with silk and polypropylene under garments , followed by outer layers of fleece, wool or cotton.
• Use a lip protectant with an SPF throughout the day such as Skintique Lip Plumping Treatment SPF 30. Not only does this remarkable lip balm protect and hydrate the lips, it has a plumping effect.
Skintique is proud to be an authorized reseller of Epionce and Replenix.
Looking for a specific tip? Skintique’s own skin care expert, Pamela Farrell, is here to answer all your questions.
Copyright 2012 All rights reserved.